Sierra Vista, AZ

I have a medium size growing painful soft tissue tumor on the out side of my left thigh. it appears to be deep set in my thigh unlike a lipoma. what is it? it is firm to the touch.

Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 31 years experience
Mass: this mass could still be a lipoma, but deeper. In any case, since it is growing and symptomatic, you should probably have it removed. Ask about the need for an MRI or CT scan before removal. Typically, a general surgeon would be the one to do it. Hope this helps!
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
You need to go see y: To find out what this mass is, you need to see your doctor who can examine you and then carry out appropriate tests to find out the nature of this growth. It can an infection or a cancerous growth(if it has been growing steadily for more than one or 2 months). A biopsy of this growth may be indicated if there is any clinical suspicion of Cancer. Please give us follow up information once you doctor
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 29 years experience
Well it possibly: is a lipoma but it needs to be seen by a board certified dermatologist to make sure as there are other things that it could be including an epidermal inclusion cyst.

Last updated Nov 27, 2017