i woke up today with red, burning bumps underneath my tongue and on the tip also. is this something to worry about or do i need to seek treatment?

Dr. Edward Seegers
Red tongue: Hello DavidsotoW384 ~ its sounds as if it could be the very beginning of a bad and unhappy ten days with herpes stomatitis (herpangina) or a coxsackie virus stomatitis. If it gets progressively worse over the next few days with blistering have a doc prescribe Zovirax, or Famvir (famciclovir) for you and tell you how to keep mouth clean.thanks
Answered on Jun 17, 2015