MA

i have a patch of greenish yellow on the side of my tongue towards the back. hurts so bad. what can it b?

Dr. Donald Colantino
?injury: Could this be the result of an inadvertent biting of the tongue or injury from a jagged tooth? Viral tongue infections of the tongue are usually more diffuse although a herpes simplex infection is still a possibility. Because of this as well as the severe discomfort, I recommend that your Physician or an otolaryngologist examine you soon. In the meantime try bathing the tongue with warm,salt water

Last updated May 12, 2015