TX

For a women where should your vitamin d levels be at? my blood work in my calcium was a 26 out of range.

Pathology 49 years experience
Unclear info: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, If your vitamin D level is 26ng/mL, it is near normal, it would be better if it is above 30. If it is 26 nmol/L it is low. In any case you should take 2000 IU of vitamin D3 daily, as long as your calcium is within normal limits.

Last updated May 10, 2015