i cannot take birth control, my body doesn't react well to it, and my partner and i have been having sex and using the pull out method and it works for us, but lately after sex i have been bleeding lightly and having cramps, and now a couple days after th

2 doctor answers
Dr. Claudette Anderson
Specializes in Gynecology
Birth control: Is more than one method.You have the option of pills,Depo Provera, (medroxyprogesterone) Nuvaring,Implanon, diaphragm.Amonst those you should be able to find one that works for you.
Answered on May 21, 2015
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
57 years experience Allergy and Immunology
See GYN: The pulling out method is like playing Russian roulette. You need to find out if you may have a pelvic infection and get treated accordingly. Don't wait.
Answered on May 21, 2015
1
Dr. Roger Duvivier
47 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Be safe. Your risk of an unintended pregnancy may be much greater and much more disastrous than your risk of a pelvic infection which can be diagnosed and treated relatively well. Give serious consideration to having an IUD or a subdermal implant which are the most effective reversible ways to prevent a pregnancy.
May 8, 2015