FL

top of front teeth have dark triangles that effects th and f sounds when speaking. can composite resin be used? cosmetic dds to be seen tomorrow.

Dr. Fay Gyapong
Dentistry 31 years experience
Front Teeth: You report that the top of your front teeth have triangles that affect sibilant sounds. It may be possible for your dentist to perform a "mock up" procedure which is a temporary restoration to see if it will resolve your problem as well as determining if it would be acceptable esthetics. Discuss this option with your dentist.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Periodontitis: When the gingiva recedes secondary to periodontal disease, the "black triangles" you describe unfortunately develop. Composite can be used, but it will quickly stain and will tend to pop off since it is only bonded to etched enamel and not in a preparation. Your teeth will also look wider at the base. Laminates are longer lasting if you do not mind the wider look. All depends on your smile line.
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dentistry 38 years experience
Through examination: What is the scenario that created these spaces? Was it periodontal surgery, recession? Need to visualize the case prior to commenting. Long term, composite will not hold, based upon the problem and after all periodontal issues have been resolved, a more permanent restoration may be laminates or crowns.