Croatia

I take 4 tablets of 60 mg in the morning and 4 tablets of 60 mg in the evening morphine sulfate extended-release about 1 year .... i feel good , i was?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
High dose!: You don't mention your pain problem, but by this time it may count as chronic for which 15mg is a common dose. You take a lot more. Do you discuss it w/ your Dr from time to time? I'm glad you feel good. It may be time to cut back (slowly). Best!
Dr. Richard Zimon
Agree with Dr W it's really best to cut back and if possible retry some altenative non-opiate medication !
Apr 25, 2015
Dr. James Rotchford
Addiction Medicine 41 years experience
The fact you require the dose of morphine you do for your pain issues? suggests you have an opioid use disorder and you will likely benefit from relatively high doses of opioids for the rest of your life. Proper and specialized care for same is difficult to find and suggestions to get off of opioids are all too common. Obtain a formal psychiatric evaluation and addiction medicine consultation.
Apr 25, 2015
Dr. Richard Zimon
Not wishing to create ongoing argument about the chronic use of opiates I must respond to Dr Rotchford with whom I essentially agree re: need for consultation with Pain /Addiction specialists HOWEVER the long term use of opiates may result in REBOUND pain requiring increasing doses and therefore increasing SIDE EFFECTS! See a SPECIALIST as soon as you can ...that's the best "ADVICE"! Be Well Dr Z
Apr 25, 2015

Last updated May 28, 2016