Oak Lawn, IL

they found pressure in my brain and i have an optic nerve swollen behind my right eye..how serious can this get if its not treated asap?

Dr. Rajy Rouweyha
Ophthalmology 25 years experience
Optic Nerve Edema: Increased intracranial pressure can result in papilledema or swollen optic nerve heads secondary to elevated intracranial pressure. Generally this is a bilateral process due to the pressure being distributed to both optic nerves. If it's unilateral this may indicate direct compression of the optic nerve. This should be addressed sooner than later to avoid optic nerve atrophy and visual loss.