IL

thyroid ultrasound - entire right lobe is hetergeneous. hyperechoic nodule measuring 5mm. left lobe is diffusely inhomogeneous. what does this mean?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Thyroid Ultrasound: I am a proponent of following up with the doctor who ordered your study to get an interpretation. My reasoning is one, they know why it was ordered, they know your clinical story and two they both have access to the radiologist who read it to discuss it and that little thing at the bottom of the report which says clinical impression.
Dr. Thomas Mcgowan
Specializes in Family Medicine
I agree, but also for some piece of mind, 5 mm nodule is not one docs would typically biopsy.
Apr 16, 2015
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Provided original answer
In response: then make an appointment to discuss if they won't discuss on the phone,
Apr 16, 2015

Last updated Jun 12, 2018