DE

nephew has alcohol problem. showed me bottoms (soles) of feet 3/4 of sole of feet were black. could alcohol abuse cause this and, if so, how serious?

Dr. Paul Pyles
Addiction Medicine 33 years experience
See a doctor : This does not sound good. He may have a problem with his circulation. He should see a doctor for an evaluation.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Hyperpigmentation: Chronic liver disease (often from chronicalcohol abuse) can cause darkened skin - legs, face and other sites may be affected. The liver is vital - it's not good when diseased. Encourage him to get treatment and take it seriously - he might turn it around - or he might die younger than we'd like.