Vietnam

i have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis (maxillary and ethmoid inflammation l>r, deviated higher septum) and had fess after. can surgery cure me?

Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 10 years experience
May or may not: Although this is a relatively routine procedure and most ENT physicians perform FESS well, there is the potential for scarring which can worsen rhinosinus disease later. Several potential causative factors need to be addressed to maintain ongoing sinus health and include allergy, immunodeficiency, fungal sensitivity, polyposis, irritant sensitivity, medication sensitivity and more.