i had most of my thyroid removed in 2012 precancerous. now they said i have a 5mm nodule on my left side. my dr. said to follow up in in a year?

Dr. Devon Webster
Medical Oncology 22 years experience
You're worried.: I can understand why. If your doctor did an ultrasound and saw the nodule, it's probably OK to wait. An ultrasound is pretty good at telling if a nodule is benign. You didn't have thyoid cancer when you had your thyroid removed, which is great, and the reason I'm not worried. But if you didn't have an ultrasound, it might be worth a 2nd opinion about getting one.

Last updated Jun 11, 2017