North Easton, MA

I just got over a sever case of mono i know my spleen is swollen but all my symptoms have been gone for about 2 weeks can i start doing light lifts?

Dr. Holly Maes
Up to 5 pounds: The risk you are trying to avoid is spleen rupturing. Lifting is very unlikely to do that, so light lifting is fine. Basically you can lift light loads as this is not going to rupture the spleen, probably 5-10 pounds, no more. More importantly, you need to avoid activities that you could accidentally get kicked or hit in the abdomen with. So even just wrestling playfully on floor could injure.