Cincinnati, OH

It's like a sharp cramp feeling on the left side above my ear, in a half dollar coin sized area, doesn't last long and is random but getting it in the same spot for the past week. i do have a cold, could that be the cause?

Dr. Justin Greiwe
Could be Rhinitis: Allergic rhinitis presents with a variety of symptoms including nasal congestion, running, ear fullness, itching (eyes and nose), and post-nasal drip that can resemble a cold. If you get "colds" every spring could be secondary to tree pollen (out now). Increased swelling and inflammation in sinuses can refer to ear and cause fullness/pain. I'm in your area if you need to be seen. Feel better.

Last updated Oct 23, 2018