my thyroid numbers: tsh 3.38 mciu/ml free t4, 1.06 ng/dl free t3 2.8 pg/ml reverse t3 15 ng/dl my son's on synthroid (thyroxine). but are my numbers optimal?

Dr. Kenneth Weston
Interesting question: Optimal is a interesting question. First it is important to understand where "normal" is derived. "Normal" ranges for each lab is a statistical number that tell where a population of "normal" people results run. So your numbers run within the "normal" (reference) range for most laboratories. Are your results "optimal" is a question that is thus difficult to answer!
Answered on Mar 31, 2016
4