Canada

i strained a ab muscle 2 days ago, just wondering if i can still do some exercises at the gym , like chest workout , or back workout?

Dr. William Weirs
Integrative Medicine 18 years experience
Yes: A strained muscle is really an injured muscle fiber. It is a good idea not to continue to exercise an injured muscle. If it is an abdominal muscle involved I would rest it and avoid exercises that stress the abdominals. It should be fine to exercise other non-affected muscles groups- chest, arms and legs. Rest your abdominals until completely pain free then gently reintroduce ab exercises