Bellingham, WA

Can i wear eye make up with mild blepharitis?

Dr. Douglas Liva
Ophthalmology 41 years experience
Yes: just don't cover the edge of the lid with makeup so you don't cover the oil gland ducts and disrupt your tearfilm

Bellingham, WA

Can I wear eye make up daily with chronic mild blepharitis?

Dr. Richard Carlin
Ophthalmology 51 years experience
No: Wearing eye makeup may make the blepharitis worse. It would be better to discontinue it until you the blepharitis is treated and then start it again. I would suggest throwing out the old and starting with new.
Bellingham, WA

With blepharitis, when can I wear contacts again? And when can I wear eye make up?

Dr. Hussain Elhalis
Ophthalmology 12 years experience
Blepharitis: Patients with blepharitis are just more intolerant to contact lenses. Lid scrubs and warm compresses can improve the blepharitis and allow you to be more tolerant to contact lenses. Recommend daily disposable lenses. Make-up makes the condition worse and daily use is not recommended but it doesn't mean that you cant. However, this all depends on the severity of your symptoms and condition.