is it possible to get some kind of strep infection from my boyfriend performing oral sex on me when he had it? i am a woman

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Low risk: The kind of streptococcus bacteria that infect the throat (like group A strep) rarely take hold in the female genital tract, but could cause pubic area skin infection. You should be on the lookout for soreness or irritation, most likely in the pubic area more than the vulva, labia, etc. If you get such symptoms within a few days, see a doctor. If no symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it.
Answered on Mar 24, 2015