United Kingdom

neck muscles feel really tight, making me feel slightly lightheaded when i try and relax, chronic health anxiety sufferer, should i be worried?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
You should not worry: As a chronic health anxiety sufferer, you will - but you can get help to let that go. Find a good CBT therapist w/ special interest in Health Anxiety. It's very good to put this into as small a part of your life as possible. Best!
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
No need to worry: but please see your doc for an exam. If he/she rules out physical conditions you can consult a clinical psychologist and learn some self hypnosis. You might also consider doing some mindfulness meditation. Peace and good health. Yoga can be a nice alternative too.
Dr. Jessica Allan
Try to relax: Try a NSAID over the counter and gentle neck movements to stretch the tight muscles. Try to investigate why you have so much tension in your neck. Is it your posture? Is it leaning forward typing, texting, drawing. Is it your pillow? Strengthen the upper back to take the tension out of your neck. Go to PT to learn how to adjust your body. Go to therapy to redirect your worries.