I have a gum boil I think and it doesn't hurt when I touch it and I'm really scared to get a root canal I'm only 14 :( I also have braces ?

Dr. John DeWolf
39 years experience in Dentistry
Not scary: Root canal therapy has a much worse reputation than it really deserves. Your gum boil doesn't hurt because it allows for drainage which reduces pressure of accumulated liquid around your tooth. The source of that accumulating liquid needs to be diagnosed and treated. Often, the treatment of choice is a root canal but not always. Get to a dentist and get it figured out!
Answered on Apr 29, 2015