how does gestational age impact fetal weight?

Dr. Carol Major
Fetal age and weight: As a normal fetus increases in gestational age, it normally will also increase in fetal weight.

What are the physical impacts of gastrointestinal tract birth defects?

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Depends: This is highly variable depending on the nature of the defect. Did you have a specific defect in mind?

Will my depression have a negative impact on my baby while I am pregnant?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Yes: It is possible. Most of the medications used to treat depression have rare but serious problems in the newborn. Women whose depression worsens may not eat well or take good care of themselves which could affect the pregnancy.

Can my diet in pregnancy have an impact on my child's food preferences?

Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Specializes in Gynecology
No: There's no data to suggest this is true.
Canada

I had gestational diabetes while I was and had to take insulin. Now my baby is 6weeks old and the diabetes is gone. I'm just wondering if there is higher riskfor my baby to be diabetic later on in life?

Not directly: The diabetes of pregnancy is closest to the Insulin resistant or type 2 diabetes which is something all of us can get under some circumstances. You are at risk for a return of type 2 later & things like an active lifestyle & maintaining a healthy weight tend to reduce your risk. I wouldn't be concerned about childhood diabetes which is a very different process.

19 weeks pregnant no fetal movement?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Wait a week: 20 weeks is the normal time to feel fetal movement.

Last updated Jun 11, 2017