Ireland

I was on 20mg lexapro (escitalopram). i reduced to 15mg.could this cause headache and jitterness.

Dr. Jack Underwood
Possibly.: It is unclear whether the symptoms came with the Lexapro (escitalopram) or with the reduction, and why the reduction? If the former the symptoms are unusual since more commonly they are GI and sedation, but still possible. If the latter, it could be the decreased tranquilizer effect. In my experience a person who is taking or has taken a benzo, such as diazepam, is less likely to respond to an SSRI.

Last updated Mar 15, 2015