TX
A male asked:

my son is spitting up alittle blackish sputem ,couls eating oysters cause that?? we live in a refinery area also and works in one.and hes sick to his

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Mgt/workup: The black color may be related to a number of things. If there is tar in the air, old blood in any area of the airway, this can cause this color in the sputum. If he is aspirating from his stomach, then this could also lead to this finding. I would suggest collecting sputum and taking it to your PCP for analysis. A virtual appt is available for follow up.

Last updated Mar 18, 2017