when i run my finger down on the inside of my palatoglossal arch past my tonsil, i can feel a lot of bumpiness on the inside of the arch. normal?

2 doctor answers
Dr. William Culviner
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Sounds normal : There are a lot of mucosal irregularities in that area. If you're really concerned then see an ENT.
Answered on Aug 1, 2016
Dr. Daniel Saurborn
22 years experience Diagnostic Radiology
Yes, it can be.: We all have lymphoid tissue underneath the mucosal surface at the back of our mouths. If you had a recent cold or allergy, these bumps of lymph cells can become raised during this time of year and are nothing to be concerned about in a healthy teen. You could take a photograph of it and request a consult if it remains concerning for you, via HealthTap Concierge @ healthtap.com/saurbornmd
Answered on Feb 24, 2015
1