Hermitage, PA

How do i give myself an enema if i have internal hemorrhoids? is that safe orshould i do something else? i tried usingit,but it wouldn't fit in.thanku

Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Urgent Care 19 years experience
See a doctor: Perhaps having your hemorrhoids removed will help you with enemas. I would see your doctor to examine your rectum and confirm there is no obstruction and determine if you need enemas.
Dr. Kevin Carr
Not safe...: If you cannot comfortably fit the tubing into the rectum, do not force it--especially in the setting of known internal hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are dilated blood vessels caused by increased pressures due to rectal straining--it may not be a good idea to give yourself enemas in this setting as the straining caused by rapid discharge of fluids may cause worsening of your hemorrhoids.

Last updated Feb 22, 2015