Philippines

is it okay to wear eyeglasses to prevent damage of the eyes even the vision are still normal? i usually work 12 hours a day in front of a laptop.ty :)

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
No effect: Your assumption is that there is some damage that occurs from sustained use of a video monitor. There is no evidence that this is the case. Wearing eyeglasses with no correction will have no effect in this circumstance. The principal thing that occurs with sustained use is eye dryness so you might consider putting a dropper of ordinary tears next to the computer to use with symptoms.