United Kingdom

i ruptured and damaged my mcl beyond repair, dislodged all cartilage in my knee, ruptured my acl, damaged my pcl and unattached and damaged my patella tendon. i got badly tripped and would like to know what i would feel if i had re-damaged the patella ten

Dr. Sonja Stiller-martin
Emergency Medicine 26 years experience
Depends: Injury and pain is felt differently by different people. If you have not had the previous injuries repaired,it may be difficult to feel any significant difference. The function of your knee(being able to straighten it and hold it off the ground while sitting) may be affected with a patellar tendon injury -but may not be. An MRI is sometimes the only way to see the injury. See your doctor.