Los Angeles, CA

My first time taking a triptan it made my head feel better and about two months later which is now i took one and it made my head hurt why is that?

Dr. Eric Farbman
Neurology 26 years experience
Many possibilities: Triptans are not 100% effective for every headache. One issue for the second headache: did you take the triptan at the onset of head pain? If you waited, the triptan will not work as well, and sometimes the "side effect" seen is actually worsening of the headache. If it worked the first time, it will likely work more times than it won't.

Last updated Apr 4, 2013