SC

I'm late 5 day late on my period and i'm scared to take the pregnant test and also abortion pill harmful effects on body?

Dr. Christopher Plummer
Maternal-Fetal Medicine 21 years experience
No harm: There is no harm taking the abortion pill. The success rate of the abortion pill is higher the earlier the pregnancy. I would recommend going to your provider to see if you are pregnant and it is in the uterus. After that you can decide on your options. Good luck.
Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
The harm: The greatest harm is from not knowing. If you are pregnant , you are loosing the chance for taking emergency contraception. All methods of contraception including abortions are safer than a term pregnancy but the fist thing to do is do the test so you will know if you need to make this decision. Then, if it is negative, start a reliable method of contraception so you don't have to go through this

Last updated Nov 26, 2016