Los Angeles, CA

i took a plan b pill & got my period on time jan7-11. than on jan19th i started again it's now been 15 days. its never been this long, is it normal?

Dr. Myrtle Oates
Hormone interference: Hello Andrea, The morning after pill is a pill that contains hormones. Anytime you add hormones you can alter the start of the period and also the characteristics of the period. The period may be delayed or lighter or heavier. The prolonged bleeding that you describe is an effect of Plan B. Do not worry we expect the bleeding to be unusual as compared to a normal period.