MI
A 29-year-old female asked about a female:

my daughter is four.. i want to enroll her in preschool but i can't get her to sit still and listen to me when i tell her to be quiet and calm down?

Dr. Rodney Pollary
Listening: A child is born with ears but they must learn to listen. This process goes on through adulthood. We often get excited when our children learn to talk but listening is essential. There are books written on this you can find. For now try to be a four year old and imagine what she listens to. Reward her for listening. Use different tones and softness when you talk. Be thrilled when she does