United Kingdom (Great Britain)

Can accupuncture help reduce the pain caused by endometriosis? had 2 sessions and noticed a difference already? is it just psychological? sudo effect?

Neurology 52 years experience
I think it works: Am speaking generically, but do often use acupuncture for pain management, and the effect is very real, and not placebo. Glad this is working, and encourage you to persevere.
Not psychological: There are studies using "sham acupuncture" as the placebo - which showed that placement of needles alone does not improve symptoms - but placement of needles in acupuncture points produced better results than placebo or standard treatment (for specific conditions that acupuncture benefits). I work with the military - some people have wanted to prove it didn't work & were shocked when it helped.

Last updated Apr 7, 2013