PA

woke up w/ a red itchy welt on thigh yesterday and it is almost gone. today woke up with another one on my thigh. what is it? don't think it's bedbugs

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Hives: A rash that appears and goes away and reappears is urticaria. The cause is often difficult to determine. If you do figure out what is causing it avoid the trigger. Otherwise treat the rash with antihistamines. If it persists see your doctor. All the best.
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Hive: The welt you describe sounds like a hive. A bite would typically not come and go. Possible you could have developed some type of allergy to bedding or night gown.