What is the worst complications of ingrown toe nail?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Infection: The longer the infection sits there the possibility the ben can get infected exists. One certainly would not want that to happen.

Both of my big toes have ingrown toe nails, what should I do?

Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 31 years experience
See Podiatrist: For proper treatment. If very simple cases the nail can be cut to remove ingrown piece of nail by yourself. If any doubt, get it treated professionally.

How do I fix an ingrown toe nail?

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry 14 years experience
In office procedure: This is generally an in office procedure. The toe is numbed with a local anesthetic and then special instruments are used to cut out the ingrown portion of the nail. Depending on the status of the ingrown nail (ie infected, chronic, etc) a permanent ablation of the cells that produce the nail to that side may be considered.

What can I do to eliminate an ingrown toe nail?

Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry 12 years experience
Pain, redness.: Redness and pain along the nail border, sometimes with drainage indicates an "ingrown toenail". If your ingrown nail is infected, you'll likely need antibiotics, and possibly a nail procedure. If you can't get in to see a doctor, soak the toe 10 min/day in luke warm water and epsom salts, use a small amount of topical antibiotic ointment, and cover with a bandaid.

What can I do to heal an ingrown toe nail?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Soak, see podiatrist: Soak foot in epsom salt and warm water. Make an appointment with your local podiatrist as soon as possible to have ingrown nail borders removed. By waiting too long you may develop an infection which may delay your healing.

How can I treat my ingrown toe nail?

Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Podiatry 13 years experience
Ingrown Nail: Nails should be cut straight across and allowed to grow past the cuticle a couple millimeters. If the ingrown nail is red, swollen,  tender or has any drainage, you must be seen by a Podiatrist to have it resected appropriately.