West Harrison, NY

Had tkr in oct, lost of problems after surgery, 5 months now, since have pain intight, knee, leg, ankle andthey are telling me it is coming from my back.

Dr. Blake Miller
Orthopedic Surgery 13 years experience
Possibly: That is certainly possible. It's hard to know without physical exam. Maybe a second opinion could help.
Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Orthopedic Surgery 47 years experience
Possible : This is certainly possible it is something that i see all the time.
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 39 years experience
Pain management: Reviewing your meds/and listed conditions you have had your pain worked up and attempted to treat the pain.Follow instructions of pain management and physical therapy. Seek second opinion if there still is a question.
Dr. Audie Rolnick
Orthopedic Surgery 40 years experience
Maybe: Not enough info. Is tightness in knee itself? What sort of range of motion do you have post op. Sometimes because of lack of motion your gait is affected and this causes all kinds of other problems.
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Probably correct: Many people that have knee arthritis also have arthritis in their lower back. With arthritis in the lower back, bone spurs from the spine can impinge on the nerves. Hence, the pain and problems may not be felt in the back, but down the leg. Pain around the knee is not always coming from inside the knee. I would try the injections as they are likely to help.

Last updated Dec 9, 2013