i want to gain weight so what i suppose to do?

Dr. Holly Barth
Dr. Holly Barthanswered
General Practice 9 years experience
Diet and muscle mass: To gain weight you have to consume more calories than you are burning. Do this in a healthy way though. Don't choose junk or fast food. Keep a well balanced diet and make sure you are getting all the nutrients you need. Don't cut out exercise as it is very good for you. Weight lifting and other muscle building exercises can help you increase your body mass.
Eat healthy foods: that are high in calories. Eat 6 meals /day. Work on strength training to build large muscle groups. Work out w heavier weights w fewer repetitions. Sleep at least 8 to 9 hrs/night. Hydrate well w water. Foods to help w healthy weight gain: almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, hummus, avocados, granola, trail mix, dried fruits, protein shakes, protein bars, lean meats