I have a thick black mole that's on the back of my neck that's hangs is it true if i pick it i will die i just won't it off bad?

Dr. Arthur Balin
Dermatology 47 years experience
Mole: You will not die if you pick it off but you will not be able to have it pathologically analyzed see your doctor or dermatologist and they can remove it and test it to be sure it is ok.
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
No: Picking off moles won't kill anyone, at least not immediately. Of course, if base of mole gets infected after it's picked off, then yeah, i guess someone could die from that. But just plucking it off? Nah. However, i would imagine it to be difficult to pick it off completely. Best to have your family doc remove it and send to a pathologist to make sure there's nothing else to worry about.

Last updated Mar 29, 2013