Norfolk, MA

I'm so scared i was just dxd with small fiber axonopathy i also have dysautonomia and pots. is this a terminal disease like msa or als?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
No.: It is usually mild. Recent studies suggest it may be found in fibromyagia. I believe it is real, but too oft diagnosed, causing patient to become "diseasified." concentrate on your medical issues and the treatment, rather than the names!
Neurology 52 years experience
No, not a disease: Small fibre neuropathy is a problem associated with a multitude of disorders, such as diabetes, and is just part of some disorder. It is not at all like msa or als. Talk to your doctor about how this fits with your other problems and how to manage the entire picture.

Last updated Mar 27, 2013