Goodlettsville, TN

I have had shoulder and neck pain for a week now. i went to the er last and they prescribed me tramadol and norflex (orphenadrine) .neitherare working what can i do?

Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 34 years experience
Neck and Shoulder: Shoulder problems can cause neck pain and neck problems can cause shoulder pain. Obviously the optimal way to relieve your problem is to determine the cause of your pain. If the pain is caused by a nerve then the meds prescribed would have little influence on the nerve pain. The er is designed to evaluate and treat life and limb threatening situations. Best choice is to see your family doc.
Dr. Clarence Watridge
Neurosurgery 46 years experience
Specialist: Neck, shoulder and arm pain can be due to a pinched nerve in the spine. See a neurosurgeon, spine surgeon or physical medicine specialist for exam and proper diagnosis. A neurologist is also a good resource.

Last updated Jul 29, 2019