are people with (internal staff infections) allowed to work in food establishments?

Dr. Farshad Fani Marvasti
Infected: Yes they can as long as they do not have an active skin infection or open wound. They should also take all standard safety precautions in terms of hygiene and food handling to prevent transmitting infection to others. If an acute infection occurs, see your doctor immediately for treatment and you can get a doctors work excuse until it heals.
Dr. Troy Ross
Occupational Medicine 24 years experience
Should be OK: An internal staph infection sounds like food poisoning. That won't pass from person to person as long as the infected person washes his hands after using the toilet. As long as the infection is being treated the person should be ok to work.