my 5yr old has 101.5 fever upper abdom pain, malaise. no vomit/diarrhea/bm & she has good appetite. should i do anything for her aside from advil (ibuprofen)?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Oscar Novick
58 years experience Pediatrics
Watchful eye: Watch her carefully for vomiting and or a shift of pain to the right lower portion of her abdomen. If that happens take her to the er for a possible appendix.
Answered on Mar 26, 2013
1
Dr. Syed H. Sajid
29 years experience Psychiatry
ER: In such situations, emergent consultation with patient's pediatrician on phone is necessary. Then follow the pediatrician's recommendations. Otherwise, take the child to the er. Thanks.
Answered on Mar 24, 2013
1