New Zealand

what does moderate prepatella bursitis and moderate grade proximal patella tendinopathy involving deep fibres mean as to how bad is injury ?

Dr. David Dang
Radiology 14 years experience
See below: I assume you're not having symptoms of infection such as fever and red skin. Treatment depends on the severity of the symptoms, not so much on the grading scale on mri. Prepatellar bursitis can be from acute or chronic trauma (eg, from too much kneeling -- housemaid's knee). Patellar tendosis is usually from chronic stress to the tendon.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Not too bad: Thankfully, it does not suggest anything being torn a pre patellar bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa that is just superficial to the patellar tendon. The patellar tendon tendonopathy describes abnormality of the tendon itself. One way to describe it then is that you strained your patellar tendon as opposed to tearing it. It would be managed non operatively, sometimes using a brace.