why do your feet hurt for no known reason? the foot dr. says they are normal but all my shoes hurt my feet.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
28 years experience Podiatry
See a different doc: If you have pain there is a reason. Maybe not enough support in the shoe, maybe small nerve fiber disease, maybe a back problem emanating in the foot. .....
Answered on Mar 21, 2013
1
Dr. Jacob Silverstone
13 years experience Podiatry
Bilateral symmetrical foot pain can often be reflective of lower back pathology such as radiculopathy, or a possible sign of another systemic disease. Either way, pain is abnormal and should not be ignored.
Mar 21, 2013
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
36 years experience Podiatry
Wrong shoes: If your feet hurt in all your shoes, either you have a foot deformity or you are wearing the wrong size/style of shoe. I am always amazed at patients who wear a shoe that is clearly too short and/or narrow for their foot and can't understand why they have pain in them. If your feet also hurt without shoes, the condition may not be shoe-related. See a podiatrist.
Answered on Mar 21, 2013
Dr. David Hettinger
36 years experience Podiatry
Always a reason...: Most shoes aren't that bad, usually it's the crummy insoles they come with! there are many possibe reasons that you may have pain in the feet, but try arch supports like spenco polysorb insoles (http://www.Spenco.Com/products/footcare/poly-sorb) and otc anti-inflammatories (like aleve). If these don't help, see a podiatrist.
Answered on Dec 10, 2013