Dayton, OH

my daughter is 15 & she has an extremely hard time swallowing pills. any suggestions on a good gummy vitamin or tiny oval shape vitamin for her?

Dr. Cheryl Coldwater
Several types: There are several brands of "gummi" vitamins for adults as well as some generic "one a day" which are smaller sized. Check with your pharmacist.
Time to train: Many kids can jump this hurdle if they make enough effort. I have had parents train their 2 yo to take pills, but many adults still have issues. I like to have kids get a bag of m&m mini's, red hots, or other candy along with a glass of whatever.While they are distracted by their favorite tv show or a movie, I have them try to swallow one at a time.By the end of a show, many can swallow pills.
Dr. Cheryl Coldwater
Some children are better able to swallow pills with a spoon of applesauce or yogurt rather than with a drink of water. Practice with the tiny candies and see what works best.
Mar 20, 2013