6 mo ago had my inguinal lymph nodes removed dt inflammation. I have a hardened node in my neck that has been swollen for over a year. Should I worry. ?

Dr. Nancy Mckinney
18 years experience in Hematology and Oncology
Best to be seen: Lymph nodes are throughout your body and can become enlarged in response to infection, other inflammatory conditions, or by being infiltrated by cancer cells. The fact you had a node removed recently which showed "inflammation" makes it more likely that this node is also inflammatory, from a systemic inflammatory condition. Also lymph nodes that are cancerous tend to grow. Still, best to be seen.
Answered on Jun 8, 2015
5