Philippines

I've been feeling good since yesterday which is unusual cuz im usually down and feeling dejected.on meds for depression for 4mos now.why only now?

Depression: When a person has major depression that doesn't mean that they feel unhappy every minute of every day. Perhaps your medication blood levels are now in an effective range & you have become more -self aware that you actually feel improved. After being depressed for a while it will take a paradigm shift to prepare yourself to feel better and not to anticipate more negative. Take care.
Dr. Robert Berkowitz
Unclear: I'm very glad to hear you're feeling better. The literature suggests that -- if someone is going to eventually respond to an antidepressant -- then 80% of the time that response will happen within the first four weeks of treatment. It is well known however that some people take much longer to obtain an effect. I'm glad you had the patience to stick it out.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016