i have a polyp on my larynx caused from a bad intubation. i will need to get it removed. is this going to farther affect my singing?

Dr. Norman Cohen
Anesthesiology 36 years experience
Very likely: Surgery around the vocal cords has the potential for temporary or even occasionally permanent voice changes. You need to discuss this thoroughly with your surgeon and your anesthesiologist. Since you may have had a difficult intubation before, it is important to get the medical record describing your intubation so your surgeon and anesthesiologist can review.
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
Misuse of voice: Intubation is unlikely cause , misuse of voice is the most common cause of so called ' singers nodules' or vocal cord polyp's , first need to give complete rest to voice, prevent gerds ( esophageal reflex ) most of the time surgery is not needed, see your ENT doctor for further help.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014