why do i feel heartbeat in the area of my bellybutton when i pressed down on it is it normal?

Dr. Elden Rand
Cardiology 21 years experience
May be normal or not: The finding you are describing sounds like the pulsation of the aorta. The ability to feel this is normal (but many people cannot feel it due to extra calorie storage around their midsection). If it feels large or if any question, it may be an aortic enlargement- abdominal aortic aneurysm (aaa). AAA can be lifethreatening if it becomes large. If any question, see your doctor for ultrasound or ct.