Mariposa, CA

I have tinitis is there any new medication or treatment on the market today to cure or lessen the loud him in my head?

Dr. David Jakubowicz
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 22 years experience
Maybe: If you take Furosemide or aspirin, it is a likely cause of your tinnitus. Some doctors will switch from Aspirin to Plavix to see if it improves. Some people have success on Neurontin (gabapentin) for tinnitus. Tinnitus retraining therapy has been effective but is not often covered.
Dr. Jonathan Dissin
Neurology 39 years experience
Benzodiazepines: A recent korean study confirmed two previous studies that showed Klonopin (clonazepam) 0.5 mg -> 2mg/day reduced the sound, distress and anxiety from tinnitus. The study was published in the journal of neurology, neurosurgery and psychiatry in 2012.

Last updated Jun 30, 2014