my right leg swells during the day so much that i can't wear long boots if i haven't had them on all day. can u help?

Dr. Chris Hawley
Swelling of one leg: Swelling of one leg could be the sign of serious medical problem, such as a blood clot, that needs immediate attention.
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Cardiology 32 years experience
Vascular doc may hlp: See a vascular doctor. You may have incompetence of the venous valves which could possibly be treated. In the meanwhile try wearing support stockings choosing low pressure first and then increasing to intermediate or high pressure if needed and/ or tolerated. If this is a new swelling talk to your doctor right away. You may need a duplex (noninvasive) study to rule out blood clots.